Saturday, January 10, 2009

52 Books: Week 1

This year I am doing a challenge that I love! In addition to the usual exercise, eat better, be more spiritual in my life and prayer life, I am taking on Susan Wise Bauer's plan to read 52 books in 2009. Last week I started this quest by reading James Patterson's Mary, Mary. This novel is part of Patterson's series of Alex Cross novels. I started reading this series about 5 years ago when E was a baby. One of the English teacher's at my school really enjoyed reading them and suggested that I might enjoy them too. Overall I do find them to be a good read. I think they are darker than Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta books. However, the personalities seem to stand out more. In this novel, Cross is as real as ever. Patterson does a good job of supplying details so that a clear mental picture is posed to the reader. It does amaze me that the same author that writes such suspensful books also writes the sweet and often sad books such as Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Next week-not a clue what I'll read, but I'll be back with a report soon!
M

No comments: