Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2!

Good morning! I can't believe that Christmas break is coming to a close. We are starting our week today with Harold and the Purple Crayon. We pre-read it last night before bed and DS really enjoyed it. We will be having a short week with it I think. Today we are going to be doing our own "creative" drawing to see where we end up-just like Harold. I just need to figure out what to use for long paper. DS will also narrate the story to me for his notebook/lapbook. I want to try to get some copywork in too. Because DS does not like to write I think we'll just keep it simple and have him write the title out. I think we are back in the swing of things again for piano lessons. 2 nights of practice without much fuss. We'll see how it goes. We need to get going again on reading. I think we'll do that sometime today.
Yesterday I read the first chapter in Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World and did the Bible study that goes with it. I liked the study but found that doing a whole chapter didn't allow me the chance to really get into the book. I'm working on a new memory verse, so maybe I'll take chapter 2 more slowly. It's going to be a busy day. I've got tests to grade, a couple of insurance phone calls to make, planning for the 17 year olds b-day party, a bit of shopping, and I need to take some pants to be altered. Go figure! I'm off to see what my flylady step of the day is! Have a wonderful day!
Michele

1 comment:

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

"take some pants to be altered. Go figure!"

Was that supposed to be a pun?? LOL
Have a great day!

Ur sickie friend..