Saturday, January 24, 2009

Arg.......I'm having one of those days!

I am tired, cranky, sleep-deprived, and not at all in a very nice mood right now. I know that I have lots to be thankful for, but right now it seems easier to be frustrated. My Mom is d riving me insane right now with "let's play 500 questions" every time I call you. My kiddo is unhappy and not doing well at school. He's so smart, it's just between the sensory stuff (Add?), a big class and other things he is not exactly attentive in school. By the time he gets home, we sit for almost 2 hours to do homework. Am I the only one who things that the following is WAY too much for a kid who has been in school all day? The list:
1. 2 math pages.
2. I story to read.
3. Spelling and vocab. words to study.
4. Math fact cards.
5. spelling page. (only some nights-2X a week).
It he was not over stimmed by the time he got home, we could do his homework in no time. As it is it takes us over 2 hours. By that point I'm yelling at him to get done and pay attention. He's yelling cause he has had enough (about 5 hours before). We fall into bed exhausted. (I am so thankful for bedtime). Than it's let play get up five million times. I need water. I need a hug. I need to bother Mommy by playing super stealth spy. The poor thing has been sneaking into my bed at night and sleeping almost on top of me.
Am I the only one who thinks that 1 math lesson, 1 reading lesson, 1 spelling lesson etc could be my homeschool evening without adding anything else? I mean, this is a full day that we are doing at home right now on top of the stuff they do at school? Right. I'd love to homeschool him but I'm not sure I have the nerve to do it. WHERE would he go during the day. Who would he play with? Would it be enough? I freak out trying to find the perfect curriculum. I only have one shot to get his education right. KWIM? In some ways I think that he'd be better off. Calmer. More focused. Less stress on both of us. Maybe enjoy one another again.

This is NOT how I wanted to live my life. I didn't want to be a screamer. I didn't want to feel stressed all the time. I wanted to laugh, play, teach my son how important these things are in life. I feel like I'm failing!
M

No comments: